1. Calligraphy – Create Beautiful Wedding Day Signage
@SusannaFicklin (Wedding invitations and signage. Boone, NC)
Whether you find the interest to learn the ways of the pen and create the signs yourself for your backyard wedding... or you want to hire a calligraphist or sign maker, signs are a must. Wedding day signage will do a few things:
- Help your guests find the bar or the bathroom, or have lists of wedding ideas for guests to do (arrows to different attractions, games, etc)
- Decorate the boards you'll want to display photos of the couple on (also, the smaller signs double as fun wedding favor ideas for young couples especially)
- Help tie together your unique wedding theme (Vintage wedding? Small backyard wedding? Small simple reception?)
2. Hire a Live Wedding Painter
@AbbyLynneArtist (photo by Buffalo and the Bird)
Want to double dip with a cool wedding day idea that you also get to keep as a memory forever?
Say goodbye to face painters (sorry kids!) and to caricature artists (it can be tacky) and say hello to a live artist at your wedding. Live add value to your special day in a few ways:
- Whether you have a small backyard wedding, or a big fat greek wedding, a live painter will make the even classier AND cozier, all at once.
- This is a cool wedding add on that does not simply sit on the sidelines and look cute, like a photo booth, but actively draws wedding guests.
- This adapts great to whatever theme your wedding might have, whether that means a vintage wedding (old-timey painter clothes, anyone?) or a victorian theme (a painter in a fancy dress might draw attention away from the bride, uh-oh)
- Keep the painting forever as a wedding day memory.
3. Hire a Live Poet for your Intimate Wedding Ceremony or Reception
That's right, a live professional poet to create custom poems for your special day!
- This creative service will act as wedding entertainment (the process of asking questions of each guest, typing on the old school typewriter, then reciting is all very visually fascinating.)
- These poems serve as elevated party favors, something guests will cherish forever. Just because it's YOUR special day doesn't mean THEIR day can't be special and memorable for themselves too. Often these poems help guest-couples feel closer and allow the romance to flow.
- Stand out from the crowd. Although this trend is growing, you will still be well within bragging-domain!
Each and every poem is created custom and on the spot, then read aloud to the recipient (pictured above)
I then stamp the poem with wax, sign, and date it. (Pictured below. Both images by Thalia Villarosa Photography)
4. Hire a Wedding Tattoo Artist
This last idea is not for everyone, and certainly is more ... ahem... *committing* than live wedding poetry or a live painter, but, hey! Why not?
- For weddings with tight inner circles of friends and family.
- Tattoos don't have to commemorate the day. They can simply be a fun, small design that brings that day to mind.
Consider hiring "The Wedding Tattooer" for your small wedding ceremony or backyard wedding (*he must have an enclosed and sanitary space within which to work.)
Whatever you decide to do for your small wedding, choose an idea that matches your style, and choose with your heart (both your hearts!)